paul- wrote:

> Which screen are you using?  Are you using an overlay that defines a
> rpi-backlight node?

You find details of my system 'here'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107366-picoreplayer-3-11-waveshare-3-5-TFT-jivelite-Raspberry-Pi-2B&p=934132&viewfull=1#post934132).
I moved to pCP 6.0 since, not via an in-situ upgrade but starting from a
fresh download.

Not sure if piscreen has a backlight node. How would I find out/ use
it?
So far I used "Power On/Off GPIO" from the Squeezelight Settings page.

I only noticed this behavior when I separated the power switch from the
backlight switch. Previously those where both driven from the same GPIO
and there was no problem.

With the help of your nifty pcp-gpio command I could verify that the
backlight state matched the GPIO state. So the effect is not caused by
my ghetto-style soldering.
I attach a snippet from the dmesg output, maybe you find something
interesting in there.

|Filename: dmesg.txt                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29850|