On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 12:31:09 +0100, Kolja Waschk wrote:

>> If there are already some notes on doing a release,
>> then please tell the mailinglist(archive) about it.
>
> Hi,
>
> work to do that already kept me from "simply releasing" a few times
> because it takes a bit of time and diligence:
>
> urjtag/
>
>   - update ChangeLog, NEWS and THANKS
>   - update doc/UrJTAG.txt and README
>   - update version in configure.ac

btw, version in counfigure.ac reflects svn revision, not git commit

> web/
>
>   - update, build and commit web content
>   - find out how and where to put the new content online

github? with move to github additional advantage should be
gerrithub.io for code review.

> It has been almost 10 years since I did the latter. Maybe I can dig out
> how to do at least *that* and help a bit.
>
> etc..
>
>   - (TBD) build binaries for download, especially for windows..
>
> Do NOT make any last-minute functional/build/code changes. Just touch
> documentation for the release.
>
> The only overall change that I find worth considering at this moment is
> maybe to separate all the handcrafted or compiled chip data (urjtag/data
> content) from the actual UrJTAG code. Especially with the "new" ability
> to read BSDL directly, the data/ lost its importance somewhat. This
> question might be discussed especially by the maintainers of urjtag
> packages for distribution?

that's partial truth - python bindings still looks for 'native' urjtag data.
i haven't seen ability to say in python like in urjtag itself 'bsdl path
blabla'.