I think that the size difference is related to the specific font used. Georgia
is displaying slightly wider in Windows than Mac. Helvetica seems pretty
consistent. A Chinese font I use is much smaller in Windows.

Changing Georgia from 16 to 15 is too drastic a change for me, so I need to
keep the font size the same.

I can’t set the textHeight since I have to set fixedLineHeight to false so I
can display thumbnail images within the text.

I suspect that the space between lines when fixedLineHeight is false is
determined by the specific font metrics, something LiveCode can’t or doesn’t
want to override. I haven’t done a test of various fonts comparing the Windows
vs. Mac “free” line spacing. Maybe there is a constant among them all…

Peter