Hi

I usually do light exclusion/inclusion lists by material
and user channels. I.e. in a material mapped to the light:
Shader Light Properties
If (Userfloatchannel_name) < 0.5
Then Light Color = Black

Then create a material that assigns Userfloatchannel_name
1 globally to all objects you need affected by the light.

You _can_ "assign" this Userfloatchannel_name directly in
object properties, but it's both messy and buggy to deal
with. I'd stay with mapping the property if possible.

...Or thereabouts. The idea is good, but I'm not sure if
this will work as I can't test right now. Give it a try.

3DS Max method is a lot better, but less flexible (as always).

Karl

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use,
disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message or
by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from your
system.