Geoffry,

As Josh pointed out, you should only need the Hadoop libraries on the
client side to use the Text object. This means you won't have to go through
the pain of placing the xml files in your root bundles.

Did you try the JAAS export from the packages in your container? Did that
help?

I agree with your comment that we *should* be able to look at these bundles
as black boxes but we're not dealing with true bundles, yet. Once I got my
Hadoop client bundle ready to go, I haven't had to touch it (and the Hadoop
Karaf project solved most of the import/export guessing work for me
already).  For Accumulo, on the other hand, it's up to you if you want to
create an uber-bundle with the necessary Accumulo packages or just wrap
each one and provide the necessary imports/exports across them. For my
needs, I just created one uber-bundle for Accumulo packages and imported
the necessary non-Accumulo packages (many of those I had to wrap as well).
I didn't find that part too painful on the Accumulo side. While not being
the ideal situation from the OSGI side, with lack of an existing bundle
artifact, it did solve my problem and I'm actively using both Accumulo and
Hadoop in OSGi. My recommendation would be that until we get a proper
bundle, that solution would certainly work in the short-term.

I believe Josh posted this already but check out [1]. A ready-to-go OSGi
bundle for Accumulo would be useful but the Hadoop client dependency would
need to be wrapped (or exposed as its own bundle). IMO, with proper
documentation this shouldn't be too painful for users. Thoughts?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2518