Based on Eric's email, it sounds like EBS is a no go from the start.  But
given your snapshot feedback, it seems like you have to plan on leaving
slack on every disk, and the % of slack depends on the size of a snapshot
relative to the data (given the snapshot shares the disk with the data, at
least temporarily).

will