On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM, YT <yalew.am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... Particularly I want the users session/usage to expire after the
> specified timer has expired which I was thinking that the expiration timer
> in the json data accomplishes this.

The documentation will definitely be your friend here. If a particular
property/parameter is not documented as providing the semantics you're
looking for, and you try using the parameter that way anyway and it
stubbornly only behaves as documented, then it's safe to assume that really
is not the purpose of that parameter.

I would recommend looking for a property/parameter (or combination of such
parameters) that is explicitly documented as providing what you're looking
for. If it turns out that nothing provides the behavior that you need for
your specific use case, you're not necessarily out of luck, but you might
need to write your own extension which does provide that behavior.

However, now I realized that the session token does not carry the
> expiration time parameter in it.

The amount of time that a token remains valid despite inactivity is a
setting provided by Guacamole itself (outside of any extension) and is set
via the "api-session-timeout" property:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

Beware that simply being connected to a remote desktop is considered
activity from Guacamole's perspective. If you are trying to limit the
amount of time each desktop session can last, you will need to configure
this within the remote desktop. Windows RDP provides group policy settings
for this, for example.

- Mike