Anything?

From: Chris Cook [mailto:coo...@jlsautomation.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 9:24 PM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Scripted Branding

Sorry about the brevity of my earlier response; my better-half and I were
entertaining a new client - one who is very keen on implementing and
experimenting with a Guac based tablet/mobile HMI infrastructure within his
factory...

The logos and the favicons, should both be fixed assets somewhere and should be
fairly easy to copy over via script within a BASH environment, following the
platform installation/build-out; something like the following should do the
trick:

Logo Copyover:
 cp /media/installationID/logo.png
/guacamole_fixed-asset_directory/logo_whatever.png

Favicon Copyover:
 cp /media/installationID/favicon.png
/guacamole_fixed-asset_directory/favicon_whatever.png

The issue with this scripting methodology is knowing where the fixed assets are
located within the default file structure...  If you could provide some
illumination as to the path of these static assets, that would be awesome.

Changing the webapp display name and the browser tab display names will be a
little more complicated as they are both supposedly generated by a .css file
somewhere.  If this .css file is a static asset, where is it located?  If this
.css file is dynamically generated, what generates it and how can I edit it to
accept a one-time user entry to establish an application name?

To be clear, the project I am working on is based upon a fixed/static and
non-updating, configuration-fixed, and revision-controlled appliance build
model - i.e. my company builds and installs the appliance within a system which
will then be revision-fixed.  If requested/required, I or another engineer
would update the core platform, fault test the new core platform, press a new
distribution image, and then update/upgrade the production system as
specifically requested/contracted.

As such, I am not concerned about an end-client initiated update/upgrade event
as my end-client user will not have the ability to independently perform such
an operation without the involvement of either myself or one the engineers that
works with/for me.