There is some basic documentation covering the layout of extensions
with respect to theming here, though please beware this should be
considered a draft until the IPMC vote regarding 0.9.10-incubating
(hopefully) passes:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/0.9.10-incubating/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

A Guacamole extension is just a .jar file containing a
guac-manifest.json along with anything else your extension uses (see
above). In the case of an extension which does nothing more than
theming/branding, the only other things within the .jar will be the
CSS, HTML, images, etc. you need.

- Mike