After doing additional tests to isolate the issue, it looks like Ignite is
having a problem releasing Internal memory of cache objects passed into the
NIO ByteBuffers that back the DataStreamer objects. At first I thought this
might be on account of my Avro's ByteBuffers that get transformed into byte
arrays before being loaded into the Ignite DataStreamers, but I can run my
application without the DataStreamers (otherwise exactly the same) and there
is not memory leak.

I've posted more about it on StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55752357/possible-memory-leak-in-ignite-datastreamer

I'm trying to productionalize an Ignite Cluster in Kubernetes and can't move
forward until I can solve this problem. Is there anyone who's used
DataStreamers to do heavy write loads in a k8s environment who has any
insight into what would be causing this?