I've put a full answer on SO -
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55752357/possible-memory-leak-in-ignite-datastreamer/55786023#55786023
.

In short, so far it doesn't look like a memory leak to me - just a
misconfiguration.
There is a memory pool in JVM for direct memory buffers which is by default
bounded by the value of `-Xmx`. Most applications would use minuscule
amount of it, but in some it can grow - and grow to the size of the heap,
making your total Java usage not roughly `heap + data region` but `heap *
2 + data region`.

Set walSegmentSize=64mb and -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=256mb and I think it's
going to be OK.

Stan