If people are willing to believe that the trunk carries minimal extra risks in
terms of stability and bugs then good luck to them.  The number of open bugs in
JIRA is a pretty good indication that bugs occur regularly and sometimes take
years to fix.

The reality is that every commit carries a risk of regression and I've
personally fixed many bugs repeatedly as they continue to resurface with new
commits.  Editing an order with promotions is an example of this, I've fixed it
at least twice over the years and I believe it's broken again at the moment.
Order and invoice rounding is another issue I've had to deal with a few times.

Obviously there is a reason that OFBiz, just like most other software, creates
and maintains releases.  That reason is stability for end users.

Regards
Scott