> I tried setting the default-action-ref in struts.xml as below. That didn't
> work. Also, I tried placing the properties in the package.properties that
> didn't work either. Do I need to do any setting for package.properties to
> work. Tried placing it within the "com.xxx.actions" and outside as well.
>
>         <package name="test_default" extends="struts-default"
> namespace="/"><result-types>                  <result-type name="tiles"
> class="org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult" />
>
> </result-types>
> <default-action-ref name="login"/>
> <action name="testPortal" >
>                   <result type="tiles">login</result>
>
> </action>
> <action name="login" class="com.xxx.actions.LoginAction">

Sorry, I meant "default-class-ref" not "default-action-ref". And
defining action like this

<action name="testPortal" >
  <result type="tiles">login</result>
</action>

will use class from "default-class-ref" to create an instance of the
action. And by default it's "com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport" so
you must put properties in
com/opensymphony/xwork2/ActionSupport.properties or define global
properties

package.properties won't work as well as LoginAction and ActionSupport
are in different packages - com/xxx/actions vs com/opensymphony/xwork2

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/