Not sure what is causing this. I need to stage this with UIMA-AS 2.8.1. I
am currently testing with trunk (latest) code. The most current code does
have newer broker.

I've started a broker and a sample service:

$UIMA_HOME/bin/deployAsyncService.sh
$UIMA_HOME/examples/deploy/as/Deploy_MeetingDetectorTAE.xml

After the service started, I stopped the broker, waited a bit, and
restarted the broker.

With UIMA-AS from trunk I see the following in the log:

04:21:35.496 - 1:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.SpringContainerDeployer.doStartListeners:
INFO: Controller: Meeting Detector TAE Trying to Start Listener on
Endpoint: queue://MeetingDetectorTaeQueue Selector: Command=2000 OR
Command=2002 Broker: tcp://localhost:61616
04:21:35.873 - 1:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.SpringContainerDeployer.doStartListeners:
INFO: Controller: Meeting Detector TAE Trying to Start Listener on
Endpoint: queue://MeetingDetectorTaeQueue Selector: Command=2001 Broker:
tcp://localhost:61616
04:21:45.621 - 22:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.onException:
WARNING: Service: Meeting Detector TAE Runtime Exception
04:21:45.622 - 22:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.onException:
WARNING: Jms Listener Failed. Endpoint: MeetingDetectorTaeQueue Managed By:
tcp://localhost:61616 Reason: javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.EOFException
04:21:45.622 - 22:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:
WARNING: Uima AS Service:Meeting Detector TAE Listener Unable To Connect To
Broker: tcp://localhost:61616 Retrying Until Successful ...
04:21:45.638 - 27:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.onException:
WARNING: Service: Meeting Detector TAE Runtime Exception
04:21:45.639 - 27:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.onException:
WARNING: Jms Listener Failed. Endpoint: MeetingDetectorTaeQueue Managed By:
tcp://localhost:61616 Reason: javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.EOFException
04:21:45.639 - 27:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:
WARNING: Uima AS Service:Meeting Detector TAE Listener Unable To Connect To
Broker: tcp://localhost:61616 Retrying Until Successful ...
04:22:07.439 - 22:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:
WARNING: Uima AS Service:Meeting Detector TAE Listener Recovered Connection
to Broker: tcp://localhost:61616 - Ready to Process Again
04:22:07.454 - 27:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure:
WARNING: Uima AS Service:Meeting Detector TAE Listener Recovered Connection
to Broker: tcp://localhost:61616 - Ready to Process Again

I will repeat the above test with v 2.8.1

-Jerry