Here is the uima-as 2.9.0-SNAPSHOT to try:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
snapshots/org/apache/uima/uima-as/2.9.0-SNAPSHOT/uima-
as-2.9.0-20160923.195233-6.tar.gz

Can you briefly describe your service? Does your service have any remote
delegates or all parts of the pipeline are in the same process?
Do you see and exceptions in the service log?

-jerry