Many sites will retrieve 6 pages, and show you "page 1 2 3 4 5 >>" and not know the full count.

On 9/22/16 8:21 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Le 22/09/16 à 14:44, Richard Sand a écrit :
Ok so basically do not pre-populate the number of pages.

I guess applications that do this are backed by an RDBMS not an LDAP?
That is the exact same problem witha RDBMS, as I said in a previous
response.

In order to know how much elements you will get in a RDBMS, you have to
compte a SELECT count(*)... beforehand, and then do your SELECT. In
otehr words, you do the request twice, doubling the server's CPU usage :/