On 29/5/19 7:27 am, Dunn-Roberts, Richard R wrote:
I did state that I was used having that information in a footer, and was told
to simply reply unsubscribe.  As far as the fucking manual goes, I did not know
where that lives, either.

So, Emmanuel, I will NOW perform the correct fucking action, and send an email
to users-unsubscr...@directory.apache.org.

Yours for direct, non-wimpified communication.

Richard Roberts

That was a very rude reaction, Richard. I hope the rest of your business communications are more polite..

Emmanuel and his developer colleagues were very patient with you and the other unsubscribers. Emannuel works very hard on this project and cares very much about it, so the many clueless emails I have just waded through have wasted all our valuable time.

We all know how to unsubscribe because we have been members of many other automated mailing lists during our professional lives.

However, I simply typed "how to unsubscribe from an apache mailing list" into google and was presented with a clear answer.

I have to conclude you preferred to trigger an argument, rather than do the slightest amount of work.

Emmanuel is French, which you might not have noticed. RTFM is so much a part of technical jargon and shorthand that he should NOT have been insulted with genuine Anglo-Saxon expletives by a native English (American?) speaker. Shame on you...

.. and goodbye from our mailing list.

Brian