I do get an error being thrown, but long before any actual sorting, so I
don't know if it is having an effect on the sorting or not.  The error is as

Error #2044: Unhandled ErrorEvent:. text=The resource could not be loaded
because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure

When I google it, I see a lot of references to descriptor file information
that you provided to me earlier regarding the network connection on mobile
devices.  The iPad info that I added to my descriptor is as follows: (I
notice that Flash Builder called the opening tag iPhone, I don't know if I
should change it to iPad???)