I think that I am getting this error because the database is just a test
database on an unsecure website server and it is not a secure connection.  I
handled it by changing some of the Apple Transport Security settings in my
descriptor file and the problem is gone.

But I am getting no exceptions thrown when I try to sort, it simply does
nothing at all unless it is one of the first five columns.  I am not even
sure where to start looking.  If the program doesn't complain, how do you
solve the problem?