OK, so it just got really interesting.  I have 35 columns of data that have
to be displayed, which is too much to fit on the screen.  So I put about 12
columns on the screen at a time, and then use a "previous" or "next" button
to change the visibility of the columns that I want to display.  So
essentially, I have 3 pages of columns that a user can look at.  On all 3
pages, I am seeing the exact same thing.  Anything left of the midline of
the iPad is sortable.  If you click a header to the right of the front
facing camera, nothing.  There are some columns that stradle the camera
line.  If you click that header to the left of the camera line, that column
is sortable, but if you click the same header on the right side of the
camera line, it is not sortable.  So it is happening straight down the
middle of the iPad.  SURELY, there is nothing that I am doing to cause this,
is there?

Anything else you think I should try?  Though I don't want to because I have
put so much work into it and like the way fonts look in the spark datagrid,
I am thinking of trying the mx datagrid.