Hello, Flex community!

A couple of months ago, I introduced a new extension for the Visual Studio
Code text editor that adds language support for ActionScript. The extension
includes tons of code intelligence features for ActionScript, like
IntelliSense, find all references, goto definition, variable renaming, and
more.

I didn't officially announce the project to the Apache Flex community right
away because, at the time, the extension only supported ActionScript, and I
hadn't started yet on MXML features. As we all know, MXML is pretty vital
for Flex applications!

Today, I'm happy to announce that the newest version of the NextGen
ActionScript extension for Visual Studio Code includes all the same great
features for MXML. You can install the extension right inside Visual Studio
Code. Simply search for "NextGen ActionScript" in the Extensions view.

For more information about the NextGenAS extension, visit the website:

https://nextgenactionscript.com/vscode/

For instructions about how to create a new project, set up the compiler,
and even debug Apache FlexJS apps in a web browser, visit the Github wiki:

https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki

With the community's help, I can continue working on useful developer tools
for ActionScript and MXML. Please join my Patreon campaign to lend a hand!

https://www.patreon.com/josht

Thank you, and happy coding!

Josh Tynjala
NextGen ActionScript

Note: I am an Apache Flex committer and PMC member, but this VSCode
extension is not an Apache project. Today, I am simply posting as a member
of the community who wants to share a cool, independent project that others
might enjoy.