OK, then I'll give it a try with VS Code ;-)

Perhaps later I'll end up with a mix to get the best out of both worlds? Future will tell

Hans

Am 01.12.2016 um 23:46 schrieb Josh Tynjala:
IntelliJ IDEA works great for projects that target the Flash runtimes, but
its debugger doesn't work with ActionScript transpiled to JavaScript. You
can only debug the generated JavaScript. Not even source maps help. The
generated JavaScript isn't all that different from the ActionScript, so
it's not terrible, but it's not ideal either. In VSCode, source maps are
fully supported, and you can use VSCode's integrated debugger with the
original ActionScript when running in Chrome, Firefox, and Node.js (those
are the ones I've personally tried, but other browsers may work too).

Debugging SWFs in VScode isn't possible yet, but that's the next big thing
on my TODO list. Once I get that up and running, I'm going to try
developing my Flash projects in VSCode full time and switch away from
IntelliJ IDEA.

- Josh