On 10/17/2016 10:14 AM, Cley Faye <cleyf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/15/2016 7:02 AM, toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For my part, I point blank refuse to use MS Word (any version), because
>>> it is completely, utterly and absolutely incompatible with itself (the
>>> same version but on a different computer)--- to the point that they
>>> might as well have been written by two different companies, with
>>> different development teams.
>> While I would agree there can be problems - sometimes big ones, between
>> *different* versions of Word (or Excel or Powerpoint), I call BS on your
>> the above. It simply is not true.
>> FUD like this does nothing to help with the spread of open file formats.

> ​While the initial statement is exaggerated,

It is MUCH more than just exaggerated...

> moving a file between two computers using the same version of MSO
> can produce different results, with no obvious reasons. Of course
> after digging enough an explanation can be found,

By all means, please provide an example of something that could cause

Maybe differing versions of VSC++, but I can't think of much else.

> but I've seen it happen often enough to be noticeable. This was in
> the beginning of the docx format, but I would not be surprised if things
> didn't change much in it's ~10 years of existence.

Well, yes, sure, when a new file format is introduced there are a lot of
things that can happen.

But we are not talking about 10 years ago and a brand new file format.
We're talking about now - and I'd include the *recent* past (say, 2-4

I'm not saying it can not ever happen, I'm saying that it isn't even
remotely close to the show stopper problem the OP claimed.