On 17/10/2016 14:23, Tanstaafl wrote:

> By all means, please provide an example of something that could cause this...

I don't have any examples that can be publicly distributed.

> But we are not talking about 10 years ago and a brand new file format.

I'm talking about documents created with MSO 2016, on Win 10, not
Microsoft Office Professional on W4WG, which had the same issues.

> remotely close to the show stopper problem the OP claimed.

When people can look at the print out of a document (^1), and tell which
version, edition, and locale of Microsoft Office, and which version,
locale, and edition of Microsoft Windows were used, there are format
compatibility issues. What they are looking at is the typography, not
the font, and definitely not the typeface.

^1: This happens with a no longer distributed template that had an MSRP
of US$500.