Provenance. With named graphs, it's easier to track where data came from:
who imported it, when etc.
You can also have meta-graphs about other graphs.

Also editing and updating data. You can load named graph contents (of
smallish size) in an editor, make changes and then store a new version in
the same graph. You probably would not want to do this with a large default
graph.