>  Those sure are good reasons for using named graphs. But what about using
> different datasets too?

Consider that you may not be seeing such reasons because it may not actually be
as good an idea.

Here's another reason to prefer graphs: There is a standard management HTTP API
for named graphs: SPARQL Graph Store. There is no equivalent for datasets, so
each product rolls its own. That's not good for flexibility if you have to move
products.

As for performance, that will depend radically on the implementation. Jena TIM,
for example, using hashing for its indexes, so the difference between having a
lot of quads in a dataset and a few isn't likely to be that much. Other impls
will vary.

Are you sure that performance is going to be improved by separating out
datasets? (I.e. is that the measured bottleneck?) Are you now having problems
with queries accidentally querying data they shouldn't see, and can your
queries be rewritten to fix that (which might also improve performance)? (Jena
has a permissions framework that can secure information down to the individual
triple.)

ajs6f