Am 19.06.2013 17:01, schrieb lee:
> Look at pulseaudio, for example. It can be useful *if* you actually
> have use for features it provides --- which I don't

most do

> It's like installing all available packages just because they exist.

no

> Why is md running?
> I'm not using software raid.

well, the system can not smell this
you may have a softare-raid not involved at boot

> Why is irqbalance running?  Does it really do anything useful?

irqbalance is a daemon that evenly distributes IRQ load across
multiple CPUs for enhanced performance.

> What about rtkit-daemon?  That sounds like something watching out for rootkits
> what does it actually do, and will it warn me?

*lol*

yum info rtkit
Name        : rtkit
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 0.11
Release     : 3.fc18
Size        : 130 k
Repo        : installed
Summary     : Realtime Policy and Watchdog Daemon
URL         : http://git.0pointer.de/?p=rtkit.git
License     : GPLv3+ and BSD
Description : RealtimeKit is a D-Bus system service that changes the
            : scheduling policy of user processes/threads to SCHED_RR (i.e.
realtime
            : scheduling mode) on request. It is intended to be used as a secure
            : mechanism to allow real-time scheduling to be used by normal user