On 08/01/2013 07:08 PM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
On 01/08/13 12:54, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 01.08.2013 18:43, schrieb Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni:
VirtualBox defaults to using the CDROM/DVD drive which is pretty worthless
unless you have a supply of blanks, I
don't have many on hand presently. I have been trying to make the USB function
work without much success.

Googling suggests group/user problems, I have bobg and root listed as vboxusers.
The GUI has a USB menu which is always grayed, where I can create a filter, it
recognizes the Sandisk flash drive
when entered, I click on OK and nothing is saved apparently.

Now I've run across something in google that suggests an entry in fstab may be
required?

Has any one worked through this maze who can tell me how to make it work?
what package?
USB support is simply not available for the OSE version

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22174

Ok, I give up, wont waste any more effort on that then but it really
diminishes the usefulness of VB!

Thanks,

Bob

Did you install the Vbox extension pack? It's needed for USB access, even in the OSE version!

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
Kernel-3.10.4-300.fc19.x86_64