On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 01.08.2013 21:02, schrieb Bill Oliver:
One more note.  As I've mentioned before, I do a full wipe and installation
periodically on my machines.  This can
be a hassle if one is left re-installing other virtual OSs as well.  I have
found that, with VirtualBox, I can
simply back up the ./.VirtualBox directory and the "VirtualBox VMs" directory,
and then copy them back into my home
directory after the reinstall of Linux

is virtualbox still so poor that you can't have simply all files
related to a VM inside a single directory and need to manage
virtual disks and iso-images that weird way as a few years ago?

[snip]

I don't understand your complaint -- that there's a config directory *and* a
disk directory?  I don't find that an overwhelming burden.

The command "cp -R" doesn't seem to be too onerous a way to transfer stuff from
machine to machine.

billo