On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Bill Oliver wrote:

I can read and write to a flash drive without problems. It worked out of the box for me. I tried to post a screenshot, but it got held up in moderation. In the old versions of VirtualBox, USB support was in the "guest additions" package, as I remember, but I haven't had to install that for some time. I can't remember if you are using the virtualbox.org package or the one in the repositories, but you may have to install the exension pack. See: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads. But I gotta say that I didn't have to do this when I installed it using apper. It just worked out of the box.

billo
--

One more note.  As I've mentioned before, I do a full wipe and installation periodically
on my machines.  This can be a hassle if one is left re-installing other virtual OSs as

Anyway, if you are re-installing XP every time you install Linux, and you don't
want to do it, then there's an easier way.

billo