Dear Denis,

yes thats the way I do it right now.

use mopen --> open file for reading
use mgetl --> read data, result = array of strings
use strsplit --> split  string Array as desired

use evestring() --> convert string to double

Point of disadvantage

So fa I know strsplit() can handle only one string.
Hence I use a for-loop to split each line of the Initial string array into
a group of strings and convert each part into a double.

OK for few data...may take long for many data

Idea:

Read data from file and try to spare conversation string-to-double.

fscanfMat() won't do it, because the data does not contain only numerical
values and "."-sign as decimal.

So I tried csvRead.

using the help I find:      separator :  a 1-by-1 matrix of strings, the
field separator used.

Note:   STRINGS   = plural.

So I wonder if it is possible to have more than one separator here.

BR
Philipp

mclose( :-) )