Hi Vivek,

> Now in this Scenario when the stack has exhausted the Max. No. of
> retries and the SA is still not established, How can we make the stack
> recover. i.e.when the problem is fixed(destination becomes reachable),
> how can we make the stack to retry SA establishment.

You can set 'keyingtries = %forever' for that connection in ipsec.conf
then charon will start the initiation anew after it reached the maximum
number of retransmissions.  This setting is only relevant for the
initiation of an IKE SA, though.  If you want your connection to stay
up, you will also want to activate DPD by adding 'dpdaction = restart'
and most likely 'dpddelay = <time>' to the config.

Regards,
Tobias