The tree goal is my go to for this plugin. I also like the analyze.

A wish I have is to get a more clearer view of the resolved dependencies
version with regard to the declared dependencyManagement and/or the
shortest path to dependency.

For example, when I see the dependency slf4j-api with version 1.7, it would
be nice to get the resolution logic maven takes to compute this 1.7 number
(direct dependency with a version specified -> dependencyManagement (and
when you have multiple, their ordering) -> shortest transitive path). IDE
provide these (I love Eclipse dependency view) but it would be nice to have
it on the cli as well.

Thanks for reaching out!