Hi,

I mostly use the "analyze" (mostly the "analyze-only") and "tree" goals,
but I have also already used "copy/unpack-dependencies", "sources",
"purge-local-repository" and "resolve".

IMHO the "versions" plugin has a few functionalities that feel like could
also belong to the dependencies plugin, in particular goals related to
checking if dependencies are up-to-date or updating dependencies to a
later version. Well, I guess these goals are about versions as much
as they are about dependencies...

What I miss is being able to see where a particular dependency version
was originally defined - "tree" only says the resolved dependencies,
but e.g. not which properties were used in resolving the version and
which dependencyManagement sections in which POMs (best with line numbers)
were involved. Fortunately, m2eclipse can be of some help here.

Cheers,

-- Richard