This has always been my approach to get rid of dependencies that were
annoying me. It can have some unintended consequences so make sure you
testing everything after adding exclusions to your poms. ;-)

If someone has a better way, or something specific to this cglib
issue, I'm open to suggestions.

Wayne

"Jörg Schaible" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/20/2006
03:24:46 AM:

> (*) New release of JMock 1.1.0 still uses cglib:cglib-full:2.0 as
> dependency although this breaks any app using Hibernate 3.x or
> Groovy. Better would have been to use cglib:cglib-nodeps:2.1_3, but
> as the official docs state the bad dependency, it is also referenced
> in the POM on ibiblio. Is this Carlos' fault now?

I renamed the thread because this is tangent to it. I've also hit this
error. How did you work around it? I was brand new to maven when we hit it
and I did the following, but I'm not certain it is the best solution.

    <dependency>
      <groupId>jmock</groupId>
      <artifactId>jmock</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>cglib-full</artifactId>
          <groupId>cglib</groupId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
    </dependency>

Greg Vaughn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with
this communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of
the intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial
Corporation or its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of the information contained
in or transmitted with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately return this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of
it in your possession.