On 01/20/2013 12:45 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 12:38 20/01/2013 -0500, Helen wrote:
I should have clarified what I meant by a troubling code. I meant something that I (or any user) might put in, and then later decide this is not exactly the way you want it, and so wish to make an adjustment. Your document looks wrong but you don't know how to find the formatting element that you inserted and now wish to delete. In WP, that is easy. Press Reveal Codes, find the code you don't want, and delete it.

I'm with you all the way - except for the last three words!

If your document "looks wrong but you don't know how to find the formatting element that you inserted", you certainly need a simple way to discover this. (I don't know whether any problems I have in this area are Writer's or mine!) But users must not be allowed to make changes at that level; instead, they must be required, having discovered what the problem is, to solve it where it was caused. Anything else breaks the structure.

Brian Barker

/snip/

Why must you insist on making the writer go thru hoops to fix something when Reveal Codes can do it for him quickly and easily? Just let us have the capability--if *you* want to go thru those
hoops, then go ahead--I don't want to have to!

--doug