On Sunday, 20 January 2013 19:46:18, Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Why must you insist on making the writer go thru hoops to fix something
> when Reveal Codes can do it for him quickly and easily? Just let us have
> the capability--if *you* want to go thru those
> hoops, then go ahead--I don't want to have to!

formatting through styles is a 'clean' way, while low-level tags are a 'dirty'
path--
which is a nightmare for a person sticking to styles and structure. these're
simply two incompatible ways of seeing things, and the philosophy of oo is
likely
to be the 'styles' one. however, you're always welcome to open any oo
document as a zip archive and view--or even edit--the low-level picture with
all
tags included within content.xml. there were cases when i was about to do that,
desperate to fix some particular problem by usual gui means, but in the end i
always managed to find a more conventional way of fixing things.