To Whom It May Concern,

I was needing some assistance with understanding the computer language present
in the guide for recovering damaged OpenOffice files from the official guide
that is accessible through the link below:

https://www.openoffice.org/documentation/HOW_TO/misc/Troubleshooting_guide.html#8.Recovering%20content%20from%20a%20damaged%20OpenOffice.org%20file%20|outline

What I am struggling to understand is what step 6 is referring to when it talks
about “contents.xml” and how I may go about retrieving it.  Also, am I correct
to assume that the “directory” in Step 2 can be as simple as creating a folder
on a desktop? Overall, a lot of the computer lingo in the guide are terms I am
not familiar with.

Overall, I would like to request being walked through the guide if it is
possible and convenient enough to do so. I have already tried perusing the Help
Forum and it doesn’t appear there is any clarification there on either issues.

Best,
Jordan Wright

Sent from Mail for Windows 10