On 02/23/2018 09:19 AM, Jordan Wright wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,

I was needing some assistance with understanding the computer language present
in the guide for recovering damaged OpenOffice files from the official guide
that is accessible through the link below:

https://www.openoffice.org/documentation/HOW_TO/misc/Troubleshooting_guide.html#8.Recovering%20content%20from%20a%20damaged%20OpenOffice.org%20file%20|outline

What I am struggling to understand is what step 6 is referring to when it talks
about “contents.xml” and how I may go about retrieving it.  Also, am I correct
to assume that the “directory” in Step 2 can be as simple as creating a folder
on a desktop? Overall, a lot of the computer lingo in the guide are terms I am
not familiar with.

Overall, I would like to request being walked through the guide if it is
possible and convenient enough to do so. I have already tried perusing the Help
Forum and it doesn’t appear there is any clarification there on either issues.

Best,
Jordan Wright

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

If you are getting an error like

"Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at position 2,155278(row,col)."

you may find https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=87180 a useful resource; a step by step guide with pictures.

If you are still not confident to undertake the repair yourself, you could upload your document(s) to a file sharing service such as Mediafire and post the link here; or you may prefer to register on the AOO forum and seek help there.

Cheers
--
David Robley