On 10/07/09 15:03, John Kaufmann wrote:
In a message dated 2009.10.07 05:20 -0500, Uwe Fischer wrote:

it is indeed not easy to find any language pack that will change the user interface (UI) language of OpenOffice.org 3.

The http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Download_OpenOffice.org_LanguagePacks page only lists language packs for version OOo 2.3.1 unless they just forgot to change the listed names - but may they work in OOo 3, too?

Good catch. I'm afraid I can't comment on whether they work in later versions, because I downloaded from a mirror with version spec 3.1.1 <http://openoffice.cict.fr/localized/fr/3.1.1/OOo_3.1.1_Win32Intel_langpack_fr.exe>. I have not compared to earlier versions.

I've found some links to look like language packs for OOo 3 at the following address: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Solutions#Language_Packs.2C_Dictionaries_.26_localized_Versions

? - I'm sorry, I do not see them there.

Now I don't see them, too.
I hope someone will find them at this link:
http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/

Looks really difficult to find a language pack. And then, once you get it, it looks even more difficult to install it.

Uwe
--
  u...@openoffice.org  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany