On 06/06/2011 12:01 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
> On 06/06/11 19:24, Tim Deaton wrote:
>> I've subscribed to us...@libreoffice.org as well. I think I've gotten
>> 15-20 messages from there within the last 12 hours. So apparently much
>> of the activity has moved there.
>
> That's the impression I have. I stayed subscribed for a few days until I
> got sick of the top/bottom post bickering that seemed to swamp the list,
> said my bit about that and left.

Perhaps because the LO lists are missing something as simple as:
<http://www.openoffice.org/ml_guidelines.html>
<quote>
Replying
When replying to other people it is customary to intersperse your
response with their questions, both so you can answer the actual
question that was asked, and so everyone else has some idea what you are
talking about. It is also customary to limit your quoting to the minimum
possible to get your point across. Take the time to be considerate,
remember those subscribers who have slow, expensive connections.
</quote>

That said; Oracle has granted the OOo software to the Apache Software
Foundation so it appears that much, if not all of OOo is currently up in
the wind right now. There are hundreds of new posts regarding this on
the ASF Incubator list as well as others. A post on the OOo discuss list
generated one response:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.general/57072>
[Oracle donates OpenOffice.org to the Apache Foundation]

Disclaimer: I use & test *both* OOo and LO & have no affiliation with
either other than that of a standard user.