By the way, how does WildFly fit into all of this? Because I
downloaded a zip file from their site as referenced here:
https://github.com/leni1/oVirt-docs-Debian/blob/master/oVirt-Development-Environment.md
and it seemed to me that zip contained a script that runs the WildFly
server instance within the terminal. How is it supposed to interact
with the oVirt engine and how do I make sure to run it such that there
are no errors arising from not having it. As of now I run it as a
standalone server according to the instructions in the README.txt file
that comes with the zip file:

Starting a Standalone Server
A WildFly standalone server runs a single instance.

<JBOSS_HOME>/bin/standalone.sh      (Unix / Linux)

--
- Warm regards
Leni Kadali Mutungi