On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:15 AM Alex K <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM Anton Louw via Users <users@ovirt.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

>> Does somebody perhaps know the process of changing the Hosted Engine IP
>> address? I see that it is possible, I am just not sure if it is a straight
>> forward process using ‘nmtui’ or editing the network config file. I have
>> also ensured that everything was configured using the FQDN.
>>
> Since the FQDN is not changing you should not have issues just updating
> your DNS then changing manually the engine IP from the ifcfg-ethx files
> then restart networking.
> What i find difficult and perhaps impossible is to change engine FQDN, as
> one will need to regenerate all certs from scratch (otherwise you will have
> issues with several services: imageio proxy, OVN, etc) and there is no such
> procedure documented/or supported.
> I might be able to soon test this engine IP change in a virtual
> environment and let you know.

I followed the following steps to change engine IP and had no issues:
1. enable global maintenance
2. update your DNS or /etc/hosts settings to reflect new engine IP
3. change engine network configuration to reflect new IP. restart
networking. (not need to reboot engine)
4. at engine: systemctl restart ovirt-engine, systemctl restart
ovirt-imageio-proxy.service (might not be needed)
5. disable global maintenance
6. login at GUI using the same engine fqdn.

Afterwards I confirmed that imageIO proxy and OVN was ok by testing their
connection through GUI, confirming that there is no certificate or other
issue. Also observed for a while engine logs about any error and found
none.

Hope this helps.