thanks, I changed my code as shown below. However I can't cast the
destination to the PDPageXYZDestination and it appears that it is a
PDPageFitWidthDestination class. This class does not have the getLeft()
and the page number returns -1????

                            PDDocumentOutline outline = pdfDoc
.getDocumentCatalog().getDocumentOutline();
                            if (outline != null) {
                                        debugMsg2("found outline");
                                        PDOutlineItem current =
outline.getFirstChild();
                                        while (current != null) {
                                                debugMsg2
(current.getTitle());
                                                if ("Image"
.equalsIgnoreCase(current.getTitle())) {
                                                        PDActionGoTo
action = (PDActionGoTo) current.getAction();
                                                        if (action != null
) {
 PDPageFitWidthDestination dest = (PDPageFitWidthDestination)
action.getDestination();
                                                                if (dest
!= null) {
                                                                //
debugMsg2("left: " + dest.getLeft());

debugMsg2("top: " + dest.getTop());

debugMsg2("page: " + dest.getPageNumber());
                                                                } else {

debugMsg2("dest is null");
                                                                }
                                                        } else {
                                                                debugMsg2(
"action is null");
                                                        }
                                                        current =
current.getNextSibling();
                                                }

                                        }

                                } else {
                                        debugMsg2("This document does not
contain any bookmarks");
                                }

Howard
Howard Greenberg, CPA, CISA
IBM Certified Application Developer/Instructor - IBM Notes and Domino
The Learning Continuum Company, Ltd.
888-241-8522 or 561-953-0096
http://www.tlcc.com
mailto:howa...@tlcc.com