Sorry for not getting this but I don't understand how I would insert an
image without getting the left coordinate?

Howard

From:   Tilman Hausherr <thaush...@t-online.de>
To:     users@pdfbox.apache.org
Date:   12/01/2016 04:24 PM
Subject:        Re: question on getting location of bookmark

Am 01.12.2016 um 22:08 schrieb howa...@tlcc.com:
> thanks, I changed my code as shown below. However I can't cast the
> destination to the PDPageXYZDestination and it appears that it is a
> PDPageFitWidthDestination class. This class does not have the getLeft()
> and the page number returns -1????

That is the /FitH destination:

"Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top
positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page
magnified just enough to fit the entire width of the page within the
window. A null value for top specifies that the current value of that
parameter shall be retained unchanged."

Re the page number -1:

     /**
      * This will get the page number for this destination. A page
destination can either reference a
      * page (for a local destination) or a page number (when doing a
remote destination to another
      * PDF). If this object is referencing by page number then this
method will return that number,
      * otherwise -1 will be returned.
      *
      * @return The zero-based page number for this destination.
      */
     public int getPageNumber()

That you don't get a page number is because numbers are only for
external destinations. If you want a local page, use getPage(). This
will return a PDPage object. To get its number, go
PDDocument.getPages().indexOf(PDPage).

Tilman

>>> http://www.tlcc.com