Am 01.12.2016 um 22:08 schrieb howa...@tlcc.com:
thanks, I changed my code as shown below. However I can't cast the
destination to the PDPageXYZDestination and it appears that it is a
PDPageFitWidthDestination class. This class does not have the getLeft()
and the page number returns -1????

That is the /FitH destination:

"Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of the page within the window. A null value for top specifies that the current value of that parameter shall be retained unchanged."

Re the page number -1:

    /**
* This will get the page number for this destination. A page destination can either reference a * page (for a local destination) or a page number (when doing a remote destination to another * PDF). If this object is referencing by page number then this method will return that number,
     * otherwise -1 will be returned.
     *
     * @return The zero-based page number for this destination.
     */
    public int getPageNumber()

That you don't get a page number is because numbers are only for external destinations. If you want a local page, use getPage(). This will return a PDPage object. To get its number, go PDDocument.getPages().indexOf(PDPage).

Tilman

PDDocumentOutline outline = pdfDoc
.getDocumentCatalog().getDocumentOutline();
                             if (outline != null) {
                                         debugMsg2("found outline");
                                         PDOutlineItem current =
outline.getFirstChild();
                                         while (current != null) {
                                                 debugMsg2
(current.getTitle());
                                                 if ("Image"
.equalsIgnoreCase(current.getTitle())) {
                                                         PDActionGoTo
action = (PDActionGoTo) current.getAction();
                                                         if (action != null
) {
  PDPageFitWidthDestination dest = (PDPageFitWidthDestination)
action.getDestination();
                                                                 if (dest
!= null) {
                                                                 //
debugMsg2("left: " + dest.getLeft());
debugMsg2("top: " + dest.getTop()); debugMsg2("page: " + dest.getPageNumber());
                                                                 } else {
debugMsg2("dest is null");
                                                                 }
                                                         } else {
                                                                 debugMsg2(
"action is null");
                                                         }
                                                         current =
current.getNextSibling();
                                                 }

                                         }

                                 } else {
                                         debugMsg2("This document does not
contain any bookmarks");
                                 }
Howard
Howard Greenberg, CPA, CISA
IBM Certified Application Developer/Instructor - IBM Notes and Domino
The Learning Continuum Company, Ltd.
888-241-8522 or 561-953-0096
http://www.tlcc.com
mailto:howa...@tlcc.com