> On Mar 7, 2018, at 5:35 AM, doug777 <doug777...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have almost finished converting my old Flex browser app to FlexJS (js
> only), but I have 4 problems left that I can't find a way to convert. Can
> anyone help to suggest a way to go with these items?
>
> 1. Application.parameters - I need to pass variables into the app on
> creation.

Here’s how I do it:

I have the following markup in the html template I’m using for my app:

My main application class has a parameter setter which does the “right” thing
with the parameters (very similar to how it works in Flex).

  <script type="text/javascript">
    function queryURL() {
      // This function is anonymous, is executed immediately and
      // the return value is assigned to QueryString!
      var query_string = {};
      var query = window.location.search.substring(1);
      if(!query){return {};}
      var vars = query.split("&");
      for (var i=0;i<vars.length;i++) {
        var pair = vars[i].split("=");
            // If first entry with this name
        query_string[pair[0]] = decodeURIComponent(pair[1]);
      }
      return query_string;
    }
    var app = new MyRoyaleApp();