Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response.
Yes, that’s me. I am responsible for the RTEMS related work-package in the
“cRustacea in Space” project.
One of the goals is to create a prototypical port of Rust to RTEMS for our
example target platform (Xilinx Zynq).
The status is currently the following:

  *   I have a custom target based added to the compiler sources which compiles
Rust code for the Zynq
  *   I ported the stdlib to work with RTEMS (using the POSIX API)
  *   I ported the libc wrapper for this to work
  *   I can now compile the below application and unit test and run it on the
(simulated) target using cargo build/run/test without the need to use any extra
attributes as a work-around.

fn add_two_numbers(num1: i32, num2: i32) -> i32 {
    num1 + num2
}

#[test]
fn test_add_two_numbers() {
    assert_eq!(add_two_numbers(2, 3), 5);
}

pub fn main() -> ! {
     println!("Hallo from println");
     println!("2 + 2 = {}", add_two_numbers(2,2));

     loop {}
}

My next goal is to add those changes to the official Rust repos in order to
have it as a Tier3 target platform.
I need to tidy up my commits and have a few open questions regarding naming
conventions (I will start a corresponding thread here shortly).
With that done, it should be much easier for others to play around with Rust on
RTEMS as it only requires to install the nightly compiler via rustup.

Cheers,

    Jan