On 2/21/2018 1:38 AM, @lbutlr wrote:
As I suspected, it is possible to get the goo.gl target URL without loading the
site, though using curl is probably not realistic in this specific case.

That is an idea worth exploring! Some might greatly benefit from that.

However:

(a) it might not "scale" for high volume mail flows and DNSBLs who, like invaluement, process dozens (or more) spams per second.

(b) and this isn't going to suddenly become a feature inside of many types of spam filtering hardware and software overnight... that could even take years, if it could ever even gain traction? It is taking into the decades just to get some of those software and hardware vendors to add support for URI blacklists, or support to for adding custom 3rd party URI blacklists. If that is taking literally decades - they are not going to add this feature within the foreseeable future.

So please don't think for a second that this somehow makes the plans I had described as unnecessary.

--
Rob McEwen
https://www.invaluement.com