On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 13:47 -0400, MySQL Student wrote:
> We do something similar here using a procmail/formail script which
> calls a perl script to match on X-Spam-Status then rewrite the subject
> to include the bayes score prepended to the subject.

*boggle*

That sounds overly complicated and like a lot of wasted cycles. Calling
a Perl script for each message? What you just described sounds a hell of
lot like this light-weight SA configuration:

  rewrite_header Subject _BAYES_

However, rather than munging the Subject, I'd strongly suggest to use
something like this, and have SA add a dedicated header.

  add_header spam Bayes _BAYES_

See the Template Tags section in the Conf documentation.

> We then use a few procmail rules to filter the mail based on the bayes
> score for analysis.

Yes, use the dedicated header as per above. There is NO need to mess
with the Subject or any commonly user-visible header, for analysis. Even
less so, when using something like procmail, which perfectly understands
headers.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";